Within SafePAT, many people were working on training to improve patient handover. Here’s a sample of our open-source training materials.
This is a course on professional communication. It was originally developed as part of an accreditation procedure in CHR de la Cittadelle hospital, Liege, Belgium. It has now been adapted by the SafePAT Project consortium and is available in English, French, Dutch and German.
The overall aim of this course is to outline the principles for operational, structured, and effective communication that improves the quality of care and patient safety. After completing this course, you will:
- Know and be able to identify risk factors and quality criteria for operational communication in a professional context
- Be able to identify the scope of SBAR
- Know the different key elements of SBAR
- Be able to structure a message following the SBAR model
2. Use of SBAR as a Standardized Handover Procedure